Special Boiler Operators
This is a non-standardized certificate of competency issued by Alberta. It is a site-specific certificate of competency that certifies the operator to supervise a power plant of a capacity not exceeding 250 kW.
It is important to note that a person who has earned this certificate is eligible to operate the boiler at one specific site only. Currently, this certificate of competency is not subject to annual renewal.
Detailed information in regard to this examination can be found in the Special Boiler Operator Reference Syllabus (AB-57).
The examination fee is $97 per examination and is non-refundable (no refunds) and non-transferable (no re-scheduling). Please take a look at the examination schedule and ensure that you can make both your first and second choices for exam dates.
Once your application has been received, we will create a file for you and your payment will be processed. Log in information will be sent to the email address you provide on your examination application. You will be able to change your personal information, renew your certificate, book examinations as well as see examination notices and results online. If you have already sent in paperwork to apply for an examination please do not apply again when you receive access as your original paperwork is currently in process.
- Previous Certificate: None
- Educational Prerequisites: None
- To qualify to take a Special Boiler Operator’s Certificate of Competency examination, a candidate must currently be employed in the operation of a power plant that has a capacity not exceeding 250 kW.
- A Special Boiler Operator’s Certificate of Competency examination consists of questions relating to the subjects contained in the current reference syllabus established by the Administrator for the Special Boiler Operator’s Certificate of Competency examination.
- The examination consists of one (1) examination paper with 50 multiple-choice questions, 1.5 hours duration.
- To pass a Special Boiler Operator’s Certificate of Competency examination, a candidate must receive at least 65% of the total marks allotted for the examination.
Last Modified: 3/1/2021 10:42:14 AM