COVID-19 Update :
ABSA staff are currently working from home and remain available to serve and support all of our valuable stakeholders. Please reach us by e-mail and telephone.
While ABSA’s offices are closed to the public during the crisis, the Edmonton Office remains open to accept mail and other deliveries.
Please Click Here for ABSA COVID-19 Measures
- All examinations, welder tests and seminars are cancelled until at least May 15, 2020.
- We will respond to reports of unsafe conditions and accidents.
- We will continue to provide shop inspection services, and repair and alteration inspection services at shop and field sites. Inspectors will be conducting a COVID-19 Job Safety Analysis (JSA) prior to visiting the facility. Please be prepared to discuss the actions your company has taken to protect your staff and our inspectors.
- In-service inspections and quality system audits are hereby suspended. Extensions will be issued to Quality Management System (QMS) certificates that are due to expire.
- We will continue to accept requests for in-service inspections and quality systems audits on a case-by-case basis and will determine our response on the outcome of a health and safety risk assessment.
- No in-person meetings will be held at ABSA offices until further notice. Previously scheduled in-person meetings are now cancelled, but may be rescheduled to Skype format.
- ABSA staff can be contacted by email or by telephone in the usual manner.