Contractor Acts & Regulations
The Safety Codes Act and regulations that pertain to pressure equipment (topics
are listed below) are available through our Acts, Regulations and Codes page or from
the Alberta Queens Printer web site.
Information about contractors’ responsibilities can be found here:
- Quality Management System (Safety Codes Act, Section 39; and Pressure Equipment
Safety Regulation(PESR), Section 11)
- Construction (Safety Codes Act, Section 43)
- Making changes to design (PESR, Section 22)
- Welding procedure registration (PESR, section 18)
- Pressure relief valve servicing (PESR, section 39)
- Securely anchored (PESR, section 8(d))
- Access for inspection (PESR, sections 8(b) & 8(c))
- Pressure Piping Testing (PESR, sections 30)
- Codes and Standards (CSA, ASME, etc.) adopted under the Act for pressure equipment
safety are listed here.