Submission Requirements for Welding, Brazing, and Other Joining Procedures in Alberta
The following provides specific Administrative and Technical Submission requirements for each Welding, Brazing, and Other joining procedure registration application.
ABSA prefers electronic submission for welding procedures. For more information, click here.
- EACH APPLICATION SHALL BE SEPARATED INTO TWO SETS OF DOCUMENTS. ONE SET FOR ABSA AND A SECOND SET THAT WILL BE RETURNED TO THE CLIENT UPON COMPLETION OF REVIEW.
- One (1) completed Design Registration Application Form AB-31 for each separate design submitted to ABSA. Place this form on top of the application package.
- Two (2) sets of the Welding or Brazing Procedure. Single sided page prints only.
- DO NOT STAPLE APPLICATIONS
- ALL documents larger than 8 ½” BY 11” MUST BE FOLDED
- DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATIONS IN BINDERS, FOLDERS OR DUOTANGS
- Mail applications to:
Attn: Design Survey
9410 20th Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T6N 0A4
- At our discretion, we may return a copy of the registered welding procedure to you in PDF format via email, scanned at 300 dpi in black and white only. Click for more information.
Joining procedure submission shall include either A or B below:
- Welding or Brazing procedure in compliance with ASME Section IX
- Welding or Brazing Procedure Specification (WPS or BPS)
- Supporting Procedure Qualification Record(s) (PQR)
- Laboratory Report(s) (if applicable, i.e. if the testing was done by an outside laboratory)
- Joining procedure other than Welding or Brazing
- Joining procedure specification(s) in compliance with the pressure equipment code of construction.
- Supporting procedure qualification record(s) in compliance with the pressure equipment code of construction.
Last Modified: 4/23/2019 2:46:53 PM