The registration requirements for mobile piping are almost identical with the registration requirements for plant piping registrations. Piping Registration Requirements.
The only difference between mobile piping and plant piping registration is with respect to the manufacturer. A mobile piping design registration is specific to a single manufacturer. If the same design is intended to be constructed by several different manufacturers then a design registration application shall be made for each individual manufacturer.
- Completion of ABSA form AB-31 must indicate under Manufacturer’s Full Legal Company Name and Address, the information of the actual mobile piping manufacturer, and NOT of the piping Owner;
- Completion of ABSA form AB-96 must indicate:
- Line #1: “N/A” ;
- Line #2: must provide description ;
- Line #3: “Alberta” ;
- Line #4: “N/A” ;
- Line #5: must provide only the estimated completion date ;
- Line #6(a) & (b): must provide the required information. It can be the same as on Line #7 if the manufacturer has engineering capabilities and valid permit to practice ;
- Line #7: “actual manufacturer legal company name and address”.
A mobile piping design registration is valid as long as any changes to the Regulation and/or the applicable piping code don’t affect the registered design. If changes to the Regulations and/or piping Code occur and such changes affect the design registration, then the manufacturer or original registrant must re-apply for design registration.
The manufacturer of registered mobile piping design may fabricate as many identical units as required without having to re-register the design if the registered design is not changed or is not affected by changes to the Regulation and/or piping codes.
Mobile piping shall be constructed and documented as required by the PESR AR-49/2006 Section 25 and 26.
ABSA Piping Construction Forms: http://wwwnew.absa.ca/absa-publications-and-forms/ . ABSA forms AB-83a and AB-83Fa provide guidance on the completion of the required forms.
Boiler Internal and External Piping fabrication, inspection, testing and documenting must be in strict compliance with the requirements of ASME Section I and B31.1 or the applicable requirements of the Regulations.
One set of the mobile piping construction document(s) must be made available to the Owner prior to placing in service the piping.