What can I do if dissatisfied with the results of an application regarding certification?
In obtaining certification as a power engineer, in-service pressure equipment inspector, or a welding examiner a candidate may apply for various things in the process of achieving the certification. Following are a number of examples of these things:
- Certification examinations
- Recognition for operating and inspection experience
- Post-secondary education
- Technical training
- Assessment of foreign certification, qualifications and work experience
- Examination accommodations to address the effects of a disability
- The results of an examination re-mark after using form AB-242
- Temporary certification
- Reduction in penalties that have been assessed to challenge examinations.
ABSA has procedures for review and consideration of all the above examples and we consider each situation with a great deal of care. Despite our careful consideration a candidate may not be satisfied with the results of our assessment. A candidate may also believe that our policies are unfair or out of date.
First, contact the ABSA Safety Codes Officer (SCO) who provided the decision to ensure that you understand the decision accurately and that there is no additional information you could provide that could change the decision.
Next, if you are still dissatisfied, send an email to the Manager of Examinations and Certification (ManagerEC@ABSA.ca) to express your concerns. Please include the following information in your email.
- Your ABSA file number (if you have one)
- The decision you received that is the source of your dissatisfaction and the date the decision was made
o What did you ask or apply for?
o What response did you receive?
o Why is the response not to your satisfaction?
- Did you attempt to resolve your dissatisfaction with the SCO providing the decision?
- Is there additional information that you can provide that might influence the original decision?
You will hear back from us shortly.
We are always looking for ways to improve the service we provide our clients without compromising our commitment to public safety. Your concerns are important.
Last Modified: 12/22/2021 9:53:49 AM