In addition to boiler, pressure vessel, pressure piping and fitting designs, and welding brazing and other joining procedure specifications, ABSA also registers the following procedures to ensure pressure equipment safety:
- Piping pressure testing procedures other than normal hydrostatic testing
- Since the Pressure Equipment Safety Regulation (AR 49/2006), Section 30 mandates that all piping must be hydrostatically tested, unless a specific alternative has been accepted by a Safety Codes Officer, all other methods of testing, including in-process examination in lieu of pressure testing, must be submitted to Design Survey for acceptance.
- Submitted procedures must be job-specific and contain actual test pressures, not formulae such as: “test pressure is to be 1.1x design pressure”.
- Proof test procedures
- Proof test procedures to establish the MAWP of a vessel or component, whether submitted as a part of an overall design or separately for a specific component of a larger design, are subject to acceptance.
- Proof test procedures must be detailed, and the method chosen must be appropriate to the materials of construction and the type of component involved.
- Note: ABSA is not in a position to receive electronic submissions.