ABSA, under the direction of an industry represented Board of Directors, employs about 130 professionals dedicated to the vision of “…providing leadership in pressure equipment safety”.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Pressure equipment design review and registration
- Shop and initial inspection of pressure equipment
- Periodic inspection of Alberta’s 100,000 registered vessels
- Review, audit and registration of Quality Control programs
- Power Engineer examination, certification and registration
- Pressure welder testing and certificates
- Accident review and investigation
- Education and training services
We currently have the following positions available:
Power Engineering Examiner
ABSA, the pressure equipment safety authority is looking for the right career-minded person to become a Power Engineering Examiner for the province of Alberta. This position is based in Edmonton. ABSA is designated by the Province of Alberta to ensure that pressure equipment is constructed and operated in a manner that protects public safety. ABSA Examiners are responsible for administering workforce certification programs for Power Engineers, Welding Examiners, and In-Service Inspectors. Duties and responsibilities of Examiners include the following:
• Organizing and invigilating examinations within Alberta, including special sittings;
• Evaluating applications for examinations for all certification programs;
• Grading of examinations for Power Engineers, In-Service Inspectors, and Welding Examiners;
• Evaluating applications for temporary certificates;
• Evaluating foreign qualification;
• Advising businesses and individuals on the requirements of the Power Engineers Regulation;
• Updating examination banks and answer guides to reflect changing legislation, codes and standards, technology, and work practices.
• Representing the province of Alberta as a delegate at SOPEEC meetings.
• Chairing committees and work groups related to the Power Engineering profession
ABSA Examiners must possess, as a minimum, a valid First Class Power Engineer Certificate of Competency. Additional qualifications, attributes, and experience include:
• Prior experience in pressure equipment operations and/or power engineer education and training;
• Familiarity with the codes and standards governing pressure equipment in Alberta;
• A desire to ensure that Alberta remains a pressure equipment safety leader;
• A commitment to safety in the workplace and for the public;
• A positive attitude that facilitates cooperation with your coworkers and clients;
• An attention to detail while maintaining an understanding of overall safety compliance;
• Previous experience in providing training or education to industry and/or the public.
We thank those who apply however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
ABSA provides a positive working environment, competitive compensation and benefits, excellent personal development, and the opportunity to enhance public safety through our program development and delivery.
To learn more or apply, contact Amanda Klyne at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in working for ABSA but do not see a position or location that interests you then feel free to submit your resume for future consideration.
Please forward your resume to:
Edmonton, Alberta T6N 0A4
Fax: (780) 437-7787
Tel: (780) 437-9100 x3304